Saturday, November 21, 2009

Off we go!

Good morning all!

It's Saturday and I woke up nice and early, with a spring in my step. And it's not just because it's the weekend. Oh no! Surprisingly it's been like that every day for the last 2 weeks... ever since I decided my job is to create and sell cards!

It all started when, after working for more than 10 years in IT, I decided it was enough for now. I needed something different. So I quit my job, but then what?

For around a month I had been working on the handmade Christmas cards I'd be sending to my family and friends... being really happy with my handiwork, I put some images online and started to get enquiries from friends. Can I order some? How much do they cost? So I setup my shop on Etsy to get me started.

And the last 2 weeks have been a flurry of finishing off some cards, creating custom orders or catering to requested changes, putting up items for sale on Etsy and setting up and updating my facebook fan page. So exciting!

Now, I don't know what will happen. I seriously doubt that I'll manage to make enough money to live by with this new "job"... but I'm taking it one stamp at a time, one card at a time, and oh boy, am I enjoying it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment